Saturday, September 12, 2020

Just 10 minutes to engage in the Lord's Work and to discover who you are

This quick post can help the Windows of Heaven open for you in ways you may never have considered.  I've experienced sore trials for many years. And for me healing has come in a way I didn't anticipate.  For Many Years I was too intimidated to Start Family History Work, and I thought my Family History work was done. 

But I was wrong on both counts. When I found how easy it was with the church's tools, I was amazed.  And I discovered I didn't need to do it all the time. Once a month or once a year, I realized I was needed.

And the blessings of heaven began to pour down upon me. And that's why this post with a get started video.  So you can experience the same thing.

First, though, this work is a supernal work. It will help prepare the world for the Second Coming of the Savior. Additionally, you will also discover who you are as a child of our Father in Heaven. And you will feel of his love.  But how do you get started?

I've put together a short how to video showing you how to get started in Family History on Family Search in just 10 minutes.  It shows how easy it is to find your ancestors.
 
Family Search has hints to get started or continue
It starts with how to find record hints, and below the video I'll include the link to where you can view these same hints that Family Search has created just for you to get started, or to continue on in this work of Salvation.

Testimony of this Work and how it will help us feel heaven near

I know that as we will follow President Nelson's invitation from Last Conference to engage in Family History work before the temples open, that when the temples do open, we will feel of the gratitude of our Father in Heaven, and of our ancestors as well. And our cup of joy will be filled to overflowing. 

And you will discover that your life really does matter in a whole new way.  You will feel of the gratitude of our Heavenly Father, and Savior Jesus Christ. You will find a sense of purpose, and will experience all the blessings promised by Apostles and Prophets.

And you don't have to wait until temples open. Blessings will come as you are just getting started in this work.

And one day after you have left this life, you will meet these ancestors, and you will embrace them, and weep tears of joy with them because you have done for them what they couldn't do for themselves. Here's the get started guide..

God Lives. Christ is our Savior; this is his work and his church. We are a part of it.  And his work is the greatest thing we can engage in.

The Link to Family Search Hints referenced in the video is at https://www.familysearch.org/campaign/hints


One last note: If you can't see any record hints after logging into Family Search when you use the above link, it may be because you haven't put your parents, grandparents, and great grandparents into the tree.  

If that is the case, reach out to your family!  Get their birthdates and family stories, and start putting them into Family Search until you get back to your most recent ancestor who has passed away.  If Family search then connects to the global family tree, and you can see more ancestors, come back to this post in a week or so, when Family Search has been able to match records up, and follow this.  

If it doesn't connect to ancestors already in your tree, I would contact one of the Family History Consultants in your ward or branch, or reach out to a genealogist in your family and have them assist you.  It's well worth the phone call, and will change your life.

Picture is of the Provo Temple in Autumn, courtesy of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Media Library 

2 comments:

  1. When I find a bunch of kids like that, I feel like that's when I really start going down the rabbit hole with a million tabs open in my browser 😂. Thanks for the tips on finding duplicates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same thing! Thanks for sharing that! It's good to know I'm not the only one.

      Delete