Friday, March 27, 2020

Just because the temples are closed doesn't mean the heavens are closed


This week, I wanted to share something that happened last Sunday.  The week before was the first week my daughter was doing school online, and much of my mornings were spent helping her, and afternoons were busy as well.  So I was incredibly tired.

And for the weekend I was doing laundry, and busy doing things around the house, cooking meals and other things.

Sunday we did our gospel study, took the sacrament, but there were still meals to make, and dishes to do.  Sunday evening at 6 pm, I was worn out, and laid down.

Then something happened

I rested for a couple of hours, but then, when my wife and daughter were in bed, I got some energy, and decided to do some family history.  The peace of the spirit rested upon me, and all the trials suddenly seemed worth it as I found new people who needed their work done.

Heaven was near. And as I finished, and went to bed, I felt a peace and strength that carried me into another busy week. 

This is not the first time

I have seen that all the difficulty in life can melt away as we will engage in the work of the Lord in some way, but there is a special spirit about Family History work.

Testimony

Just because the temples are closed doesn't mean that the heavens are closed.  This work still goes on, and as we engage in it, we can find the peace we seek in this troubled world.  


I know God Lives, that Jesus Christ is at the head of this work. We are preparing the world for the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. And it's not work, it's joy to engage. 

Easy to get started

And the tools the church has are even easier to use.  If you open the app, and go to the "ancestors with tasks" section, it will give you ancestors that Family Search has found records for that may contain family members that haven't been found yet.  And with a few taps (or mouse clicks when using the website), you can add those people and reserve their temple work. And in the next life, when you meet them, you will be able to embrace as fellow servants of Christ in a joy that is beyond compare.  It's worth any sacrifice.

If you have never done Family History on Family Search, I've done a 10 Minute Quick Start Guide with a quick video on another post.  

Discover your story in Family History on the Family Tree Mobile App or the Family Search Website.  You may also view tips on getting started, woven into inspirational stories on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment