Friday, January 3, 2020

One Year of how to open the Windows of Heaven

In May of last year, I decided to start this blog in addition to the other one I write.  The goal was to share hopefully interesting and engaging narrative stories that would get people drawn into Family History or temple work, or at least Ordinances Ready, and to let people know it is joyful, and easy to do. If you will take action on what you read here, and get started, even just once a month (which is how I often started), you will experience a joy beyond compare.

In addition to simple instructions on how to get started, there have been promises of Apostles and Prophets included in those posts since then.

With the New Year here, I wanted to provide links to different posts that people loved, and posts that can help bring down the blessings of heaven.

I will share a bunch of them in different categories.  I recommend you skim over all of the titles first, and then choose one or two or more you wish to read. 

So much joy has come into my life as I have engaged in this work of salvation. It has become one of my life's joys. I know in a whole new way that my life matters to someone else who can't progress without these ordinances. And I want everyone to be able to feel of that love, both from our departed dead, and from the Lord.  And I know that I'm teaming with the Lord in his work of Salvation.

Helps on how to use the Family Tree Mobile App and the Family Search Website are sprinkled throughout the Stories.  So it entertains as well as instructs.  If you don't want to view the entire list, you can just go to the main blog page, and scroll through the posts there.

The list starts with helping people realize that Aunt Edna didn't complete all the Family History work, and there's much more to do.  Then Narrative Stories are next, followed by Promises from Prophets and Apostles.  Then Ordinances Ready, and the list concludes with two personal posts, and an invitation post.  One reveals that I'm not an expert, and if I can do Family History, so can anyone.  The second is a story from my own life when I became worried that I might die soon, and how I learned what is most important in life. The final post is an invitation to pray about whether you should get started in Family History and Temple work.  Here they are:

Dispelling the Myth of Aunt Edna
Making it Easier to Engage in this Joyful Work of Salvation

Narrative Stories-many of these show what is happening in the spirit world when this work is done

The last work she would ever do (with music video)

"Make sure I get a white Dress" to return to the Lord

Helen's Story - Where Heaven and Earth Meet

How the Windows of Heaven were opened for Josh (with video)

How James's sacrifice of time Opened the Heavens

Echoes of Eternity: Returning to the Presence of the Lord

Ella's story: Heavenly Peace in an unlikely way

Mark's Journey back: A Celestial story of Healing

A story about this labor of love on both sides of the veil

Reflections of eternity-Jonathan's story of following a prophet

How Charlotte found peace, and how her family found salvation


Christmas
The Christmas that Changed their lives

One way to draw closer to Christ and to Family this Christmas

Promises by Apostles and Prophets
The key to unlocking the Windows of Heaven by following a Prophet


President Nelson shares a vision of how important this work is (with video)

A Sacrifice of Time (from President Nelson)

The Sabbath is a Delight and Family History - From President Nelson

The Greatest Responsibility God has Laid upon us, with quotes from Joseph Smith and President Nelson

Decide to do something that will have eternal consequences (with a really good video) - Elder Scott and Elder Bednar's counsel

11 Promises from Elder Renlund if you engage in this work 


#GeneralConference and Engaging in the work of Salvation -with counsel from Elder Cook

Ordinances Ready
Engage in the work of Salvation: Ordinances Ready on the Mobile App

How about a White Weekend in the House of the Lord

Family History and Children
The one thing you can do as parents to ensure your Children's future Church activity

Personal Stories from my own life
Reflections about this work of Salvation - if the veil were rent today

"What if my health doesn't get better?" An intensely personal post about what is most important in this life

An Invitation from the Lord:
An Invitation to Pray about the Lord's work of Salvation

I hope if you are to this point that you have been touched by the spirit as you read these posts. If you will take action on what you have read, and get started, even if it's just once a month (that's how I started), you will find greater joy in your life, and will see the many many promises given by Apostles and Prophets realized in your own lives.

I love the Lord. I love this work. The greatest joy I have had is engaging in it.  And it has blessed my family, too.  And it can bless you as well as your ancestors relatives. And you will feel of the Love of the Lord as you do.

Get started on the Family Tree Mobile App or the Family Search Website


Picture is the San Salvador, El Salvador Temple, courtesy of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 

1 comment:

  1. My email that I use is craigheugel@comcast.net. This came up on my facebook. I like this very much and would like to share it with family and friends. I work at the family history center every week for quiet a few years. Thank you for this. I pray it will bring Hope and Love to all.

    ReplyDelete